Tile, Granite & Marble Care
You won't be disappointed with these Goddard's products specially formulated to clean and shine stone and tile without damaging surfaces, unlike strong household cleaners.
General Care For Stone & Tile Surfaces
Sophisticated and sleek, your home's natural stone surfaces are simultaneously modern and timeless. Proper care will ensure that they stay that way for years to come.
While stone countertops, tabletops and floors are durable by nature, protecting them from scratches, etching and stains will maintain their luster and shine. Goddard's stone and tile cleaners and polishes provide a line of defense against damage to natural stone.
Clean, shine and protect your home's stone surfaces with these stone and tile care tips from Goddard's:
- Protect the sealant on your granite countertops with a specially formulated stone cleaner like Goddard's.
- Clean up spills — especially acidic liquids like coffee, wine, soda, and fruit juices — immediately with hot water.
- Excessive use of dish soap will dull stone surfaces and granite.
- Acidic vinegar, ammonia, and citrus cleansers can degrade granite sealants and etch marble and stone, leaving them more susceptible to stains.
- Abrasive tub and tile or grout-specific cleaners can scratch natural stone.
- Use coasters to protect stone surfaces from drink stains.
- Place hot pots atop trivets on stone surfaces to prevent the scratches that grit can cause — even on granite, which often contains softer, more vulnerable minerals.
- Cut foods on a cutting board to protect stone surfaces and prevent dulling of knives.
- Clean natural stone floors with a dry, non-treated dust mop or, as an alternative, a vacuum cleaner with wheels free of the grit and dirt that can scratch stone.
- Repair chipped stone with a strong adhesive from your local hardware store.